The Last Kiss


















The last gaggle of gees,
taking off in the autumn cold
Maples all naked,
Leaves gave up the hold
Seeking a flowery smell,
a bird circles around
My memory gilded mind,
crushing the barriers –
with a lusty wind

You were ready to clasp upon my waist
I was ready to dangle on your neck
Suddenly by the – jealousy toxic wind
The time was stopped
We never made a step

Was it your ego,
not to say you love me
Was it my pride,
not to taste the breath ,
you gave  me
I felt some chills
Was it from the mist?
Your lips were pale
Was it from the chill?

Our skins were burning
Of course, from the breeze
We never had the kiss
We never knew our skins
Is it a flittered moment
That cold, forgotten & gone
Or, isn’t It a lethal fragrance
that never had  gone?

Seeking a flowery smell
A bird circles around
Pollens all wilted
Fragrance can be found


2011

© Subhadra Jayasundara